Criminal Defense and Appellate Victories
While no law firm can guarantee a successful outcome, I have achieved numerous victories for my clients during pre-trial negotiations, at trial, and on appeal, including:
- Two clients charged with a total of 34 counts of larceny and related offenses; persuaded the government to drop the charges as the charges were all without merit – all 34 charges dropped.
- Client charged with DUI-D and refused testing; convinced the prosecution there was no case – charge dropped
- Client accused of rape; proved to the government it was a false allegation – all charges dropped.
- Second client accused of rape; convinced the government there was insufficient evidence to move forward – case dropped.
- Client charged with assault with a firearm; persuaded government to withdraw charges.
- Client charged with aggravated assault in near-fatal shooting; sentenced to only six months confinement.
- Client convicted of stealing $122,000 from the United States; persuaded the appeals court that the trial judge misread the federal law – conviction completely overturned.
- On appeal, represented a client convicted of rape; convinced the appeals court to take a closer look at the evidence – conviction overturned
- Represented client on appeal for the conviction of forcible sodomy; conviction overturned.