Colorado Criminal Defense Attorney Will Saroyan
I am a litigation attorney with over 15 years of experience, including before the United States Supreme Court, and have been awarded an AV rating from Martindale-Hubble, an award given to fewer than 5% of attorneys in the nation. This rating is based on reviews from both judges and attorneys regarding my legal abilities and ethics.
Prior to opening The Saroyan Law Firm, I was the senior legal advisor to a federal appeals chief judge. I also served in the United States Air Force, where I was ranked as one of the best trial defense attorneys, and the top appellate counsel. Before joining the military, I worked in large law firms, including one of the largest in the world. Both my military and civilian experience has provided a mix of top-tier legal training and pragmatic common sense. These skills allow me to understand my clients’ cases inside and out and argue successfully to both trial juries and appellate judges alike.
Highlights of my career include:
- Senior legal advisor to the chief judge of a federal appeals court.
- Representing more than 1,500 clients charged with complex crimes, from white-collar offenses to attempted murder.
- Handling more than 150 appeals, including before the United States Supreme Court.
- Being ranked as the #1 Appellate Defense Counsel Worldwide in the United States Air Force, the # 4 Air Force Trial Defense Counsel (out of approximately 1200 officers).
- Being selected by an Air Force three–star general to defend courts-martial offenses in Iraq, Afghanistan and 10 other overseas countries; Chosen to be an Adjunct Professor of Law for the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General’s School, instructing defense counsel on appellate law.
- Offered an Assistant Professorship of Law at the United States Air Force Academy (which I declined to pursue appellate litigation).
Today, my practice is devoted to defending those charged with criminal offenses, both at trial and on appeal, and utilizing my almost decade and a half of experience to seek the best results possible for my clients.
My Beliefs Concerning a Vigorous Defense in the Judicial System
The backbone of our judicial system is that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I take this matter seriously.
Regardless of how badly the facts of a case may appear, the burden is always on the government to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. My role is to vigorously challenge the theories of the prosecution, and to work zealously within the confines of the law to preserve the innocence of my clients.
Additionally, when someone has had an unsuccessful outcome occur at trial and seeks my assistance, I represent them in attempting to overturn the adverse verdict, reduce their sentence, or achieve another successful outcome through the appellate process. I represent my clients in Colorado and federal appellate courts, and military personnel in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and the Courts of Criminal Appeals for each of the Services. I also represent clients in appeals before the Supreme Court of the United States.
I Offer Free Consultations, Fixed Fees on All Matters, and Accept Credit Cards for My Clients’ Convenience.
I understand well the concerns of my clients about legal fees. Accordingly, I offer my clients fixed-fees on all matters so there are never any surprises. Second, I accept all forms of payment, including credit card payments, for legal fees in order to provide convenience and payment flexibility.
- J.D., magna cum laude (top 7%), Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY.
Honors & Activities: Syracuse Law Review, Moot Court Honor Society; Order of the Coif.
- B.A., Economics, magna cum laude, California State University, San Marcos, CA.
- Colorado (All Trial and Appellate Courts)
- New York (All Trial and Appellate Courts)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- United States Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- The Saroyan Law Firm, L.L.C.– Founding Attorney, Colorado Springs, CO.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (CAAF), Commissioner/Senior Legal Advisor to the Honorable Charles E Erdman, Chief Judge.
- United States Air Force, Appellate Defense Counsel.
- United States Air Force, Trial Defense Counsel.
- United States Air Force, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate.
- Special Assistant United States Attorney
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, Attorney.
- Kellogg, Huber, Hanson, Todd & Evan, Attorney.
- Bond, Schoeneck & King, Attorney.